Auckland University Medical Students Association (AUMSA) is a student-run association that has been supporting and representing University of Auckland medical students since its inception in 1968. Our vision is to enhance and support our medical students through every step of their medical school journey. We aim to empower medical students through mentorship, social, and support initiatives, and are always advocating for issues and concerns raised by our medical students.
What we do
EDUCATION AND ADVOCACY
- We act as a voice for medical students. Both at a University level by liaising with the faculty to constantly improve the curriculum, and at a Government level through our close involvement with NZMSA.
SPORTS AND SOCIAL
- AUMSA Sports and Social Reps organise many events throughout the year including a team for Auckland’s Round the Bays and the Interfaculty Exchange to the annual O week, soiree and ball.
- AUMSA organises a huge range of events – from sports to education to social to welfare, and everything in between.
- We offer services like the AUMSA innovation fund to help pay for costs related to educational travel and can sometimes help to fund other costs.
- AUMSA in partnership with NZMSA facilitates a mentorship program, where students are paired with qualified Doctors.
Sign up to AUMSA